Our major biopharma client recognized that their product development process under-delivered on commercial objectives, such as market access, which are as important as regulatory approval.
They turned to Herspiegel to design and implement a commercially aligned process.
Our client is a highly successful global biotechnology company with a broad portfolio of assets in development for major and rare diseases. As a result of rapid expansion of the client’s product pipeline and continuing changes in the commercial landscape, management recognized a need to rebuild the company’s product development process and governance structure to ensure that assets achieved the commercial potential.
• Herspiegel created a refined stage gate model, focusing on questions to be answered at each stage to inform decision making
• The deliverable included a comprehensive list of commercial questions, the functional owner, and the recommended deliverable that need to be created. This deliverables list by stage gate was then fed into a resource
plan outlining personnel and budget timing to support required to support execution. The commercial stage gate focus was married to a
clinical stage gate question set
• The strategic questions and deliverables were drafted by Herspiegel and reviewed by a steering committee of VP level business executives and subsequently rolled-out to the organization
• The updated stage gate model enhanced the value discussions earlier in asset development
• A more consistent and comprehensive review of assets across the portfolio and an informed multi-year resource plan