Aligning Across Functions and Organizations in an Alliance Launch
A mid-sized global pharmaceutical organization entered a co-commercialization agreement with a top-10 pharmaceutical organization to launch its first product in oncology.
This was the first oncology launch for a smaller entity and the first alliance launch together. Aligning strategy across functional areas is hard enough internally. When our client was facing their first alliance launch and their first entry into the oncology market, they knew they needed a different expertise on their team.
- Herspiegel developed a comprehensive alliance launch plan for the U.S. market
- Herspiegel helped structure the alliance governance and implementation roles/responsibilities
- Pressure tested the plan in a full-day launch summit, quarterly reviews, and through a robust launch readiness review process
- Weekly project management kept implementation on track and the alliance team up-to-date on the status and risks
- Herspiegel worked with cross-functional owners to prepare detailed mitigation plans for all identified risks and scenarios
- Critical risk identification and mitigation planning
- Comprehensive alliance launch readiness
- Market share position achieved for the first product in this therapeutic area